80s-game-musician said: 1. Do you prefer traditional drawing, or digital?
By other artist? I prefer both, though I do lean a bit more to digital due to some things with it. I really do enjoy seeing digital art.
Myself? I like drawing sketch/linework traditional, but coloring digital.
Overall, I guess digital wins. XD
orionmilkshake said: Do you draw more today than you did in the past, or do you draw less?
Currently, I guess I draw less. I still draw mostly daily(if I’m not crying like a baby over my own fears and deep thoughts or playing League of Legends with friends), but a lot I feel isn’t up to par so a don’t post or it’s not fully done. I have a bad tendency to not finish one arm and/or leg in a pic fully.
I would like to complete more stuff to post over mulling over flaws. This year has been way less posting of art even though I did fill out 3 sketch books this year so far.
kkobun said: 7. How often do you use references?
Varies truthfully, if I’m doing a more action pose oriented pic I’ll use refs. If it’s a simple pose, not so much except past hand positioning. I either do hand poses in real life as ref or google look them up.
I will use refs for props and more formal attire including suits. Really any clothing that isn’t t-shirts and shorts/jeans I’ll probs look up a ref.
Sometimes I even have to use a ref sheet/images of my own characters cause I forget minor details. *facepalm*
- Do you prefer traditional drawing, or digital?
- How long have you been drawing?
- How many classes have you taken?
- Do you have a DeviantArt, personal website, or art blog?
- What’s your favorite thing to draw?
- What’s your least favorite thing to draw?
- How often do you use references?
- Do you draw professionally, or just for fun?
- How much time do you spend drawing on an average day?
- Are you confident about your art?
- How many art-related blogs do you follow?
- Is it okay for people to ask you about your process?
- Do you prefer to keep your art personal, or do you like drawing things for other people?
- Do you ever collaborate with others?
- How long does an average piece take you to complete?
- Do you draw more today than you did in the past, or do you draw less?
- Do you think you’re justified in giving other people art advice?
- What are you currently trying to improve on?
- What is the most difficult thing for you to draw?
- What is the easiest thing for you to draw?
- Do you like to challenge yourself?
- Are you confident that you’re improving steadily?
- Do you draw more fanart, or more original art?
- Do you feel jealous when you see other people’s art, or inspired? (Be honest!)
- Do you like to draw in silence, or with music?
- For digital artists: what program(s) do you use?
- For digital artists: how many layers does a typical piece require?
- For traditional artists: what medium do you like most? (Pencil, charcoals, etc)
- For traditional artists: How do you usually start on a big piece? (Light sketch, colored lead, sketchpaper, etc)
- What inspires you to not just make art, but to be a better artist?
Anyone wanna ask me stuff. Here we go.
Yeah, I’ve been feeling a bit down as of late. Suffering from some chest issues from what they think is a pulled muscle. Also been having some depression/just feeling really down pretty badly for past couple days.
I really want to say thank you to people that have done something kind, art or just a message.
It’s really wonderful knowing there really is people who care even when my own mind says otherwise.